Listening to "Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain"

This week I chose to listen to the song "Blue Eye Crying in the Rain" which is performed by Willie Nelson. I think this is meant to be a sad song, but it didn't make me feel sad, and I appreciate that. It is very soothing and just has a good feel to it. Two reasons for this are the timbre of Willie Nelson's voice, and the simple use of the guitar. Willie doesn't have a sad tone to his voice. His voice is just calm and reflective. While the guitar solo could be interpreted as sad, there are certain chords that pick the song up and out of the sad feeling. 

This song was very enjoyable to listen to. Lyrics are something that usually stands out to me, but for this song, that wasn't the case. The main focus was Willie's voice. I don't really know how to explain it other than that it is soft and calming. I just know that I really like it. Even in the first 20 seconds of the song, his voice captivates the listener. One of my favorite parts is the first time he says "blue eyes crying in the rain". He sings "in the rain" in an unexpecting way. The best way to describe how he sings it is an intentional voice crack. The control that he has over his voice is amazing. 

This is definitely a country song, and you can tell from the guitar, but his voice doesn't have too much of a country feel to it. If you aren't a country fan but you can appreciate a talented singer, I think that this would be a great song for you. 

Thanks for reading, and have a great day!

Madz

Comments

  1. I agree that the song itself seems like it would be sad, but his voice is too soothing and calming for that. I find it interesting that you say lyrics usually stand out to you, but this song is an exception, since I usually pay more attention to the music than the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love his voice! He really does have amazing control over it. I think the vocals in music is what can communicate most effectively and he does this perfectly in my opinion. It's almost as if he's reminiscing on what he used to have or what could have been. I really enjoy the walking baseline in this song as well cause it really sets the scene for what he has to say.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts