Listening to Mystery Train

This week I chose to listen to Mystery Train performed by Elvis Presley. This song is very fun and has an upbeat rhythm fits that fits well with his voice. The lyrics themself are very simple, and I don't understand the meaning behind the song. Often, I choose to listen to a particular song or artist because I like the lyrics. Personally, the lyrics in this song don’t stand out to me very much. With that said, I actually really like this song. The combination of Elvis’s voice and the use of instruments is on point/ I love the quickness of the guitar. I don't know much about the guitar, but the notes are short and quick, they aren't held out, and I like that. I think that this compliments Elvis's singing style because he also uses a lot of short notes as well.

This song was originally performed by Junior Parker, and when comparing the two different versions, they are very different. Parker's voice is smoother and the instruments have more Jazz vibes to them while Elvis’s cover is more of an upbeat song. I prefer Presley's version, but both are really good. What stands out to me most in Elvis's version is his voice. He has so much control and pazazz to his voice. 


I would love to hear what you think about these two songs!

Have a great week!

Madz

Comments

  1. Hi you said that you like the Elvis cover of the song other than the Junior Park original because of the Jazz vibes the original has. May I ask why you preferred the rock n' roll version over the original jazz type of music. You did say it is his voice is more apparent and controlled; may I ask why you said the voice of Presley is apparent but, Juniors is less. Could he have been limited by the technology of his time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I love your thoughts on this song. I agree that Elvis's cover is more upbeat. That is why I agree with you about Elvis's cover being better. I would rather listen to faster music. I listen to music in the morning and faster music helps me get pumped for the day. This would be a song that I would listen to get pumped. Great job on your post!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts