Listening to "Taking a Chance on Love"


I chose to listen to "Taking a Chance on Love" by Benny Goodman and His Orchestra and Helen Forest.

The more music I am exposed to, the more I realize that my taste in music is a lot different than I thought. Although this song is not like the music I usually listen to, I really liked it. This song has a creative use of the instruments. It changes back and forth between loud and strong and quiet and soft. When the music gets soft, it sounds as if the instruments are muffled. This adds some diversity and interest to the song. What stood out to me the most was the voice of Helen Forest. Her timbre is warm and soft, and I think is perfect for this song. My favorite part is the first line when she says "I hear those trumpets blow again, All aglow again, Taking a chance on love." The way that she emphasizes the word "trumpets" is really fun I think it adds a nice flare to the song. She also carries out the words "on love" in a really happy and elegant way. Overall, I think that her voice control really shines in this song. 

Give this song a listen, I don't think you'll regret it.

Have a great week

Madz

Comments

Popular Posts