Listening to "Eleanor Rigby"

This week, I will be talking about the song “Eleanor Rigby” by the Beatles. I have never been a big Beatles fan, but that was mostly because I wasn’t very familiar with their work and didn’t listen to it growing up. In the last year or so, I have had more exposure to their music and have started to appreciate it a bit more. This was the first time that I actually sat down and actively listened to one of their songs, and I can honestly say that I really liked it. 

The song immediately catches the listener's attention by starting the song with the lyrics and music simultaneously. They both come in with such strength that it immediately draws your attention. When I first pressed play, I thought that I accidentally started it in the middle of the song. Not only does the song capture your attention, it keeps you listening and entertained. This is done by using multiple strategies. First, is the instrumental use in the song. My favorite part of the whole song is the string instruments. The different instruments complement each other so well and are in unison. As I listened, I could imagine the people playing their violins and with such power. The most interesting part of the song is the use of dynamics. The chorus is very loud and clear, but each verse is sung very quietly and is almost muffled in the background. I think that this is so cool. Overall, this is more than just a good song. It is art. 

I hope that you have a happy week!

Madz

Comments

Popular Posts